10 ways you can continue to practice social distancing, even after lockdown has been lifted. The country is poised to resume business as usual from tomorrow, but with infection rates at an all-time high, and the death toll rising, we’re definitely not out of the woods yet. Until a viable vaccine is found, it has never been more important to exercise caution and common sense to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe.
We’ve managed to learn a few lessons about social distancing during the past two months, but how does this translate to a post-quarantine life? Here are 10 ways you can continue to practice social distancing, even after lockdown has been lifted.
1. Keep Grandma safe! Instead of visiting relatives and friends, especially the old and the vulnerable, harness the power of technology and keep in touch via video calls and social networks.
2. Delegate one person (preferably someone young) to go out for grocery shopping, when the shops are likely to be less crowded.
3. Limit the number of people you run or workout with.Go to a park that is less crowded, or visit it when there aren’t too many people around, and practice social distancing.
4. Support your favourite businesses by 4 shopping from them online.
5. Spend time with friends on video calls, find activities that can be done online.
6. Consult doctors or seek medical help online where applicable.
7. Work out and meditate at home. There are tons of tutorials on the Internet to guide you.
8. Instead of eating out, get takeout or other delivery services.
9. Protect yourself. If you have to go out, wear masks and visors/face shields.
10. Work from home if your 10 job allows for it.